Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Letter from a Learner

(Please note: this post was originally written on August 29, 2014. Although it’s been a month since I originally wrote it, I thought it was still worth sharing. Enjoy!)

English club is winding to a close. There are only three days. Yesterday, my co-instructor and I received a wonderful surprise from one of our learners. One of our learners gave us a letter. :) She waited until the other learners left the classroom before she approached us. I didn’t think anything of it at first because I like to stand at the door giving our learners high-fives and telling them “I’ll see you tomorrow” as they exit. She was the last one in line. As she got up to me, she said she wanted to give us something. My curiosity piqued; I wondered what it might be. My co-instructor and I are smiled excitedly as she pulled a letter out of her pocket. She handed me the letter, gave me a high-five, and left the classroom.

My co-instructor and I were very excited to see what she wrote. The letter was inside an envelope she folded out of paper. The envelope had pictures of flowers drawn on it. The letter was very sweet. In it, the learner told us that my co-instructor and I are her favorites teachers. She said she enjoys our club very much and she thinks were so nice. Huge smiles spread across our faces as we read the letter. When we finished, we laughed heartily.

It was such a delight to receive the letter. And it couldn’t have come at a better time. I’ve been in training for eight weeks now, so I’m growing tired. I am enjoying myself, so there are no worries there. However, receiving the letter lifted my spirits. It’s nice to know that I/we are reaching at least one learner.

1 comment:

  1. That's so great to receive the validation/confirmation you're making a difference. You definitely are/the work you're putting in is worth it, but I'm sure this was a nice tangible gesture to keep you going. Keep changing lives :)

    ReplyDelete