Monday, June 8, 2015

Highlight of My Day: Impromptu Study Session

End-of-the-term exams start this week. The learners in my Grade 7 class will write* their English exam on Wednesday. In preparation for the exam, I held a revision* session during my period. One of the learners was having a hard time understanding one of the concepts, so I told him to come back at the end of the school day and he and I could work more one-on-one.

Learners Trying Out Sentences on the Chalkboard
The end of the day came and so did the learner. I explained the concept in more depth using examples on the chalkboard. While I had the learner try writing some examples of his own, a few learners came into the classroom to see what was happening. I invited them to write their own examples on the chalkboard. While that was happening, more learners came into the classroom. Before I knew it, 12 of my Grade 7 learners were in the classroom asking questions, writing examples on the chalkboard, and asking me to check to their work.

They were excited to go to the board and try things out. After playing around with various examples, the learners started having fun with it by writing wishes and jokes. It was a lot of fun!

___________________________________
* write - take

* revision - review

No comments:

Post a Comment